Creating Foreign Policy Statements (FPS) is a vital part in a conference as it sets the stage for all your research.
The paper should include a brief introduction and a comprehensive breakdown of the country’s position on the topics being discussed in the committee. An excellent FPS includes:
● A brief introduction to the country and its history regarding the topic/UN body
● The country’s background on the topic
● Political and foreign policy
● Action taken by the government in relation to the topic
● Resolutions, conventions and declarations that the country supports
● Quotes taken from speeches made by heads of government
● Statistics regarding the issue
● Country’s recommendation for the resolution for the topic.
Attached here are two well made Foreign Policy Statements provided to us by Natalia Newton. Use them as a basis to learn how to improve your FPS writing skills.
[pdf_attachment file=”1″ name=”FPS 1″]
[pdf_attachment file=”3″ name=”FPS 2″]